Helping Students Make Smarter, Healthier and Safer Choices
The Center for Wellness Promotion at the University of North Carolina at Charlotte promotes, supports, and affirms healthy living behaviors among campus community members to foster knowledge, attitudes, and skills that are essential for positive decision-making and enhancement of self-esteem. The Center for Wellness Promotion is the campus resource for health education programs, services, and information, as well as direct-care consultation and referrals.
The Center for Wellness Promotion presents a variety of group and campus-wide wellness events related to alcohol, tobacco, and other drug use, sexual responsibility, and men's and women's health issues. Certified health educators and substance abuse staff are available to speak to UNC Charlotte students and groups. We also provide one-on-one consultation for students related to alcohol/drug issues, tobacco cessation, sexual health issues, and interpersonal violence issues. For more detailed information, please click on the tabs to your left and/or above.
Assessments and other assistance is provided for individuals with questions or difficulties relating to alcohol or other drugs, sexual health issues, tobacco use or interpersonal violence issues.
- For alcohol, drug issues or questions, call Shawnte Elbert or Betria Stinson at 704‑687‑7407.
- For sexual health questions or issues, call Leslie Robinson at 704‑687‑7407.
- For tobacco use questions or smoking cessation assistance, call Shawnte Elbert at 704‑687‑7407.
- For interpersonal violence questions or assistance, call Nicole Madonna-Rosario 704‑687‑7407.
- For BASICS issues or questions, call Betria Stinson at 704‑687‑7407.