The CRC offers a range of recovery support services and opportunities for members:
- Scholarship Opportunities: Each school year, the CRC awards several merit-based scholarships to CRC members who meet eligibility requirements. More information about CRC Scholarships can be found on the "Application and Forms" page on the CRC website.
- Dedicated Staff for Recovery Support: The CRC employs a full-time Coordinator who assists CRC members in achieving their recovery goals, as well as providing support and referrals to achieve academic and co-curricular goals. The CRC also employs graduate and undergraduate student employees who assist the Coordinator in achieving the mission of the CRC.
- Lounge Space for CRC Members: CRC members have exclusive card-swipe access to a CRC Lounge in the Student Health Center facility, which is comfortably furnished and great for studying, meetings, or simply hanging out and building fellowship with other CRC members.
- Recovery-Related Trips: CRC members are often provided with opportunities to attend recovery-related trips, such as attending addiction and recovery conferences and meetings, advocacy days with state or national lawmakers, and other such opportunities.
- Recovery Support Meetings: Three 12-Step Meetings (2 AA and 1 NA) are offered each week on campus in the CRC Lounge for both students and community members in recovery. For students who choose not to attend 12-Step Meetings, the CRC provides referrals to alternative recovery support meetings in the Charlotte community, such as SMART Recovery (Self-Management and Recovery Training), Refuge for Recovery, etc.
- Educational Events: The CRC offers education support to CRC members in the form of periodic Seminar Classes, where a wide range of topics are taught that are intended to help CRC students continue to be successful. The CRC also provides education (trainings, workshops, guest speakers, etc.) to the entire campus community in order to educate on the issues of addiction and recovery and advertise various campus support services for students in recovery or for students who want to address their substance use.
- Social Events: Aside from informal social events organized by CRC members among themselves, the CRC often organizes formal events to help build community and fellowship. For example, recent excursions have included outings to the zoo, escape rooms, and support in attending Clean Spring Break events in Florida.
- Assistance in Finding Sober Housring: The CRC provides assistance to CRC members in identifying sober housing options, both on-campus and off-campus.
Any current or prospective UNC Charlotte student interested in joining the CRC should contact Jessica Pinti (CRC Coordinator at 704-687-5884 or firstname.lastname@example.org) for more information.
Not in recovery and need treatment? Please contact Jessica Pinti at 704-687-5884 or email@example.com.