The Center for Wellness Promotion is dedicated to educating students and to providing information regarding a wide variety of health issues.If you would like to have someone from the department come to your location (residence hall, community, class, etc.) to give a presentation, facilitate a discussion table or provide health education materials, please complete the form provided below. Completing the form completely will expedite the process.
All program solicitations MUST be submitted by filling out a online Program Request Form at least 2 weeks in advance.
Recovery 101 (30 mins or 60 mins)
• Students will be able to accurately define "substance use disorder".
• Students will be able to accurately define what "recovery" means.
• Students will learn about a resource on campus that helps aid those who suffer from a substance use disorder.
• Students will gain understanding of what services are available through the Collegiate Recovery Community (CRC).
• Students will be able to identify what an "ally" is for the CRC and know how to get involved.
ALCOHOL, TOBACCO & DRUGS
Sex: What's Your Position? (60 mins)
What is sex? What are STIs and how can you prevent them? What birth control is right for you? Get these answers, and many more, in this fun and candid program.
• Presentation format
INTERPERSONAL VIOLENCE PREVENTION TRAININGS
Interpersonal Violence Prevention Training and Education is currently unavailable for requests, but please check back for updates.
Wellness Jeopardy (60 mins)
General Wellness: Alcohol, Tobacco, Drugs, Sleep, Stress, Time Management, Sex, Bystander Intervention, Healthy Relationships and Consent.
• Typical jeopardy game which enables students to get a broad understanding of general wellness topics.
DIET & NUTRITION
Presented by Student Health Dietitian Katie Powers (45 mins)
MyPlate: Healthy Eating
• Nutrition presentations focus on healthy eating for short term and long term health and healthy weight. The presentation can be customized to meet the needs of your specific group if adequate notification is given.
• Presentation format
*Customized Nutrition Programs on a variety of topics are available upon request
All program solicitations MUST be submitted by filling out a online Program Request Form.