At UNC Charlotte’s Center for Wellness Promotion we offer the following sexual health related services to enrolled students:
- Free condoms, lubricant, female condoms, dental dams, finger cots, etc. You can find these items at the Safer Sex Station just outside the Center for Wellness Promotion located on the Lower Level of the Student Health Center!
- Free confidential HIV Testing on the 2nd Tuesday and 4th Thursday of every month at the Student Health Center. Call 704-687-7400 to schedule an appointment!
- One-on-one, education based consultation about general sexual health, sexually transmitted infections (STIs) and/or contraceptive options. Call 704-687-7407 to schedule an appointment with Leslie Robinson!
- Presentations to student groups, on a variety of sexual health topics, upon request! Complete the Program Request Form found under the Request a Program tab.
UNC Charlotte Statistics (NCHA Spring 2015):
- 26.9% of UNC Charlotte students had no sexual partners last year
- 59.1% had 1-2 sexual partners
- 13.9% had 3 or more sexual partners
Basic Steps to Sexual Health:
- Know Your STI/HIV status.
- Get and give consent with your partner(s).
- Avoid using alcohol and other drugs before and during sexual intercourse.
- Have regular medical check-ups/annual exams.
- Communicate with your partner about safer sex issues including barrier methods for disease and pregnancy prevention and/or birth control methods.
- Mecklenburg County Health Department: http://charmeck.org/mecklenburg/county/HealthDepartment/Pages/default.aspx
- Planned Parenthood – Charlotte, NC: https://www.plannedparenthood.org/health-center/north-carolina/charlotte/28205/charlotte-health-center-2703-90860
- Time Out Youth: http://www.timeoutyouth.org/
- Charlotte Mecklenburg: http://charmeck.org/city/charlotte/CMPD/resources/VictimResources/pages/home.aspx
- AIDS.org: https://www.aids.gov/
- American Sexual Health Association: http://ashastd.org/
- Bedsider: https://bedsider.org/
- Centers for Disease Control & Prevention – Sexual Health: http://www.cdc.gov/sexualhealth/
- Gay & Lesbian Medical Association: http://glma.org/
- Go Ask Alice Q&A: http://goaskalice.columbia.edu/
- Kinsey Institute – Sex, Love & Relationships: http://kinseyconfidential.org/
- Kinsey Institute – Sexual Health Resources: http://kinseyconfidential.org/resources/
- Planned Parenthood: https://www.plannedparenthood.org/
- TransGenderCare: http://www.transgendercare.com/
Sexual Health Self Help:
- Birth Control Method Explorer: https://bedsider.org/methods
- Compare Birth Control Methods: https://bedsider.org/methods/matrix
- STD Wizard: http://stdwizard.org/#/home
- The Condom Game: http://sexetc.org/fun/condom-game/
For more information about Sexual Health please call Leslie Robinson at 704‑687‑7437.