The Center for Wellness Promotion Internship program provides students with practical experiences in health communication, health administration and public health. The public health internship focus is related to the core competencies of public health education. Review the entire Internship Packet.
Guidelines/Requirements for Intern Applicants
Preference given to students with experience and/or coursework in health communications, health promotion or a health related field
- Interns are expected for a one semester commitment
- Practicum time commitment = course credit
- Internship Hours= Time requirements will be based off the students' University requirements and adjusted as necessary. Most interns work 20-40 hours a week. Office hours are required but flexible; this will include evening, night and weekend programming
- Business casual attire is expected during office hours
- Positive health habits are expected during practicum/internship commitment
- This is an unpaid internship. No stipends, parking, meals, or housing is available. Local housing information is available at: http://housing.uncc.edu/conference-services
Each experience is tailored to best fit each student’s personal interest in health and wellness. One major project will be the cornerstone of the practicum/internship experience.
Examples of Mini Projects:
Examples of Major Projects:
Past Programs by Interns:
Universities Past Interns Attended
How To Apply for a Wellness Internship
The first step to applying for the internship is to review the Internship packet to its entirety! This will ensure you are well aware of the guidelines and requirements before applying and that you are prepared for your interview. Complete and submit the following, in one email please:
- Review the Internship Packet;
- Complete the Online Internship Application. Here you can upload your Cover letter (Include when you are wanting to intern, specific goals and objectives), Resume (include GPA and course highlights), 2 Professional Letters of Recommendation and any Supporting Documents of examples of work completed (writing sample, fliers and powerpoints created).
- A confirmation email will be sent to you once you submit online. Please wait to hear from a CWP Staff member concerning an interview, AFTER the deadline has passed.
Submission Due Dates:
- Fall consideration -- Required Documents must be received by June 1st.
- Spring consideration -- Required Documents must be received by November 1st.
All interviews for internships will take place AFTER the deadline has passed for the upcoming internship to be fair and consistent to all applicants. The interview will be face-to-face, Skyped or via phone depending on the students' location.
Submit all required documents via the the Online Application only!
If you have any questions please Contact:
Betria Stinson- 704-687-7366 or email@example.com Center for Wellness Promotion Internship Supervisor SUBJECT: CWP Wellness Internship (Indicate Fall or Spring)