The Center for Wellness Promotion offers a wide variety of opportunities for students to get involved with wellness promotion initiatives on campus. For more information about these opportunities, please contact or visit the Center and we will provide you with additional details and answer any questions.
Each academic year, the Center for Wellness Promotion offers several paid graduate assistantships:
- Interpersonal Violence Prevention Graduate Assistant – FILLED through Fall 2018 semester
- Collegiate Recovery Community (CRC) Graduate Assistant - FILLED FOR 2018-2019 academic year
- Peer Health and Leadership Graduate Assistant - FILLED FOR 2018-2019 academic year
- Alcohol, Tobacco, and Other Drugs Graduate Assistant – FILLED FOR 2018-2019 academic year
- BASICS Graduate Assistant - FILLED FOR 2018-2019 academic year
Undergraduate Student Employment
Each academic year, the Center for Wellness Promotion offers several paid undergraduate student positions:
- Graphic Design and Social Media – FILLED FOR 2018-2019 academic year
- Student Assistant – FILLED FOR 2018-2019 academic year
Each semester (fall, spring, and sometimes summer), the Center for Wellness Promotion offers a limited number of unpaid formal internships to students (both UNC Charlotte students and students from other colleges and universities). These internships may be used to satisfy academic requirements or if a student wants an experiential opportunity in a college wellness promotion office.
The Center for Wellness Promotion advises and supports the Wellness Ambassadors, which is a student group that uses peer education as a dynamic element in promoting health and wellness among UNC Charlotte students.
Niners for Recovery
Supported and advised by the Collegiate Recovery Community, Niners for Recovery is a student organization that helps lead the campus in creating an accepting and supportive environment for individuals who are struggling with substance use disorders. For more information about Niners for Recovery or to join, please email email@example.com.
If you are interested in volunteering for the Center for Wellness Promotion, please contact our office at 704-687-7407 during regular business hours for more information.