What is the Discover Your Wellness Initiative?
**ATTENTION: All Discover Your Wellness events have been moved virtually for Fall 2020 due to Covid-19. If you have any further questions or concerns, please email Valerie Henderson at email@example.com.
The Discover Your Wellness initiative is a partnership between the Center for Wellness Promotion and UNC Charlotte Faculty and Staff members. Discover Your Wellness is designed to increase student engagement with campus-wide health and wellness services by connecting them to key campus partners and resources. This initiative provides opportunities for students to attend workshops, seminars, and signature events related to a variety of health and wellness topics, while also receiving classroom credit from participating Faculty/Staff instructors.
All Discover Your Wellness Events are coordinated and facilitated by UNC Charlotte staff members within the Health & Well-being Unit, which includes the following departments:
- Center for Wellness Promotion
- Counseling and Psychological Services
- University Recreation
- Student Health Center
Staff members from these departments hold a variety of expertise and will host open events related to topics including:
- Alcohol, Tobacco, and other Drug use
- Addiction and Recovery Support
- Healthy Sexuality
- Healthy Relationships
- Body Positivity
- Physical Fitness
- Stress/Anxiety Management
- Suicide Prevention
Please visit our Events Calendar regularly for announcements on all upcoming programs and events that meet the criteria for a Discover Your Wellness initiative.
For Classroom Students
Each classroom instructor will provide their students with expected procedures and guidelines for:
- Selecting Events
- Attending Events
- Handing in the Assignment
Handing in your Discovery Booklet
- Please follow the directions of your instructor. They may require more than just proof of attendance. The Center for Wellness Promotion only provides a calendar of approved events and is not involved in the grading process.
- Please return your Discovery Booklet to your Professor/Instructor at the end of the course. They will be returned to the Center for Wellness Promotion for review.
- Discovery Booklets must be marked with an official Discover Your Wellness logo for all events as proof of attendance. You must have your Discovery Booklet with you in order to receive attendance verification.
For Classroom Instructors
If you'd like to request Discovery Booklets for your class, please contact Valerie Henderson at firstname.lastname@example.org.
For Event Hosts
Though we consider ourselves leaders, we are not the exclusive owners of wellness events on campus and acknowledge that external departments may coordinate wellness-related programs. If you believe your program aligns with the values of the Discover Your Wellness initiative and would like for your program to be advertised on the Wellness Discovery Calendar, please request an application for endorsement by emailing email@example.com.
All applications will be reviewed and approved/returned at the discretion of the Center for Wellness Promotion. You may be asked to provide supplemental materials as a part of the application process, in addition to meeting the criteria on the application form.